Cloud computing has become increasingly popular in recent years, with many businesses and organizations adopting this technology to take advantage of its scalability, flexibility, and cost savings. Cloud Computing can bring huge advantages to many businesses. From small start-ups to international corporations, from government agencies to nonprofits, all are adopting cloud services for a variety of reasons. So let’s also learn about the popular applications and models of Cloud Computing in this article!
Here are some of the most popular applications and models of cloud computing:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This model of cloud computing provides users with access to virtualized computing resources, such as servers, storage, and networking. Examples of IaaS providers include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): This model of cloud computing provides a platform for developing, testing, and deploying applications. PaaS often includes tools for data storage, user authentication, and other common functionality needed to build and run web applications. Examples of PaaS providers include Heroku, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and Google App Engine.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): This model of cloud computing provides users with access to software applications that can be accessed over the internet, rather than being installed on their own personal computers. Examples of SaaS providers include Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, and Google G Suite.
- Backup as a Service (BaaS): This model of cloud computing allows businesses and organizations to easily backup their data and recover them in case of a disaster, without the need to invest in expensive backup infrastructure.
- Cloud storage services: As we discussed before, this service allows users to store, manage, and access data and files over the internet. Examples of storage providers include Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure Storage, and Google Cloud Storage.
- Disaster recovery as a Service (DRaaS) : This model provides businesses with the ability to replicate their data and applications to a remote location and recover them quickly in case of a disaster or an outage.
- Cloud Security as a Service (CSaaS): This model of cloud computing provides security solutions over the cloud, such as firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention systems, and encryption to protect the cloud-based resources and data of a business.
The above article provides you with the most popular applications and models of Cloud Computing which help you better understand the typical benefits of cloud computing as well as the reasons why cloud computing will become an extremely useful application for businesses.
It’s important to note that this is not an exhaustive list and there are other types of models and services offered by cloud providers, but these are the most popular among businesses and organizations that adopted cloud computing as a way to save cost and increase their agility.